Subscribe to Valerie’s newsletter!
Latest Blog Posts
- Prime Deceptions sneak peekI still love this cover! In honor of Prime Deceptions coming out next month (gasp!), and because there's a Goodreads giveaway going on (win a free copy!), now seems like an ideal time to give you a taste of what to expect in the book. So please enjoy a sneak peek of chapters 1 and … Read more
- Here comes a new challengerNew Zealand just got much closer! Life comes at you fast sometimes, and in this case, "life" means ConZealand, this year's World Science Fiction Convention, aka WorldCon. I'm happy to be a last-minute addition to their programming; this means you can watch me have entertaining opinions and read from Prime Deceptions live from the comfort … Read more
- Summertime scoopsTools of the trade. Sumer is icumen in, as the song goes, at least in the northern hemisphere. Every day is hotter than the last, the world is on fire, but the cicadas are still rattling away in the trees and bushes outside. As a break from all the bad news everywhere, I have a … Read more
- Space cats!Space cats? Space cats! Everyone always quotes the great Terry Pratchett when talking about cats: “In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.” But through the inimitable Granny Weatherwax, he also said, “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people … Read more
- Deleted scene from CHILLING EFFECTBox: a cat's natural habitat. Now that page proofs for PRIME DECEPTIONS are off to the publisher, I thought I'd share something fun to celebrate. The votes are in, so please enjoy this deleted scene from CHILLING EFFECT, in which The Fridge's attempt to take over La Sirena Negra doesn't go quite as planned. This … Read more